A Toast From My Heart

and let loose

those preconceived dreams

keeping us from

breathing in the essence

of the New Year.

With these we will face

a blessedness comparable to none.

Come,   drink and be merry.

We will welcome one another

forever more and be glad.

Salut!

Photo by Joe Hallissey Sr.

10 Responses to A Toast From My Heart

1. John Holmes December 31, 2013 at 12:26 am #

May the celebration last the entire year! Happy New Year!

2. veronicahallissey December 31, 2013 at 12:49 am #

John, I lift my glass of clean water to satiate a deep thirst. May the New Year be uneventful!

3. Jessica Hallissey December 31, 2013 at 3:36 am #

Great New Years toast! Happy New Year The photo is beautiful!

4. Veronica Hallissey December 31, 2013 at 2:18 pm #

Thanks Jessie. And remember to click on the photo. It is a rare and beautiful winter scene. It is a keeper. A wonderful new year to us all.

5. Suzanne Tate December 31, 2013 at 8:20 pm #

This toast feels so right. I wish for you, Veronica, a new year that will bring you what you want, but most of all, what you need. Many blessings to you.

6. veronicahallissey December 31, 2013 at 9:57 pm #

From Sally’s Ipad. . .Happy New Year to you. Good health and happiness I wish for you.

7. veronicahallissey December 31, 2013 at 9:59 pm #

Sally, I accept good tidings as a victory of great worth. From good friends it is doubly so. For you also, a good year.

8. veronicahallissey December 31, 2013 at 10:05 pm #

Suzanne, thank you for your good wishes. I wish for you what your heart requires. And I thank you for your comments when I needed them most.

9. Claudia January 9, 2014 at 2:35 am #

How could you not love it! It’s so freeing. The first two lines are great, as they could be interpreted in two ways, both of which are just fine. Yes, a happy, happy new year to you too!

10. veronicahallissey January 10, 2014 at 8:42 pm #

Claudia, I like to think that this toast was lifted from this blog in many a gathering to wish each other the best of times. We will welcome one another forever. Thank you.